• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being arrested for larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benc811

What is the name of your state? CT

Ok well I'm 17 years old about a month ago me and a few friends were invited to a private golf course after hours by another friend (we'll call him tom) whose uncle owns the property. Now we were told by him that since his family owned the property that he could therefore use it. While there we ate food drank beer and soda but did no damage. Now I find out the property owner is filing charges against us for larceny of the beer soda and food and trespassing on his property. I was told by tom that the property was owned by his family and that he had the rights to use it as he see fit. I am wondering what the possibility's are of counter suing for serving alcohol to minors and if it matters that he told us we could be there. And how I can put this on tom and clear myself I have no previous record and only have been to court once for truancy. I know I need a lawyer but am looking for advice before they get a warrant for my arrest. Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? CT

Ok well I'm 17 years old about a month ago me and a few friends were invited to a private golf course after hours by another friend (we'll call him tom) whose uncle owns the property. Now we were told by him that since his family owned the property that he could therefore use it. While there we ate food drank beer and soda but did no damage. Now I find out the property owner is filing charges against us for larceny of the beer soda and food and trespassing on his property. I was told by tom that the property was owned by his family and that he had the rights to use it as he see fit. I am wondering what the possibility's are of counter suing for serving alcohol to minors and if it matters that he told us we could be there. And how I can put this on tom and clear myself I have no previous record and only have been to court once for truancy. I know I need a lawyer but am looking for advice before they get a warrant for my arrest. Thanks
How do you figure that a property owned by an Uncle belongs to Tom? How do you figure that EVEN IF the Uncle was okay with you being on the property it give you the right to drink his beer?? Did Tom put a gun to your head and force you to illegally drink booze ??

benc811

I didnt say it belonged to him I said he told us he had rights to use it. And I am aware he didnt force us to drink the alcohol but it was in a location we didnt know about and he gave it to us

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He who? Your use of pronouns is abysmal. Were you given the beer by Tom or the uncle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">