• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 yo daughter check forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alone&scared

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I caught my daughter stealing checks from my checkbook and forging them. She has had them written out to herself, not too mention has used them at WalMart (as an electronic check...they don't ask for an ID unless the cash registar asks for one). She has spent over $700.00 in one week. The last time she took money from me or another family member, I told her I would turn her in. Which I did last night. So far, I have not been able to speak with our local detectives, etc...regarding what type of crime this is and the possible sentence she may face. Thus my question:

Is this a felony ?
What is the minimum and maximum sentence that may be imposed?
Will she be seen as a juvenile in court due to her age or an adult?
She recently was put on court supervision for underage drinking. 2 years supervision and she has to live at home and attend school while she is enrolled. How will the new charges effect the old and vice-versa?
She has never been arrested or charged with theft or forgery.

Thanks,
Rachel

TinkerBelleLuvr

Have you talked with the prosecuting attorney in the juvenile courts? Have you called her probation officer? They might have some clues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">