• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want out of this mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bob1371

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello,
about a year ago my girlfriend and I moved in together. We were planning to be married this past July. In Jan 07 she wanted to purchase a new vehicle but credit was no good. We went together and got the car she wanted. Both names on title and loan. In May we ended our relationship on a somewhat peaceful accord. I agreed she should keep the car and make the payments. Since this time things have rolled down hill fast. It is about to be reposed. I am worried she will destroy it before that happens.
I have spoke with a few people who tell me I have no recourse. I just have to let the repo run its course and take the hit on my credit rating. Since the loan is actually a contract between us and the bank I cannot get out of it. She will not give me the car and agree to sign away all rights to it. If I pay it off I will still have her on the title. Do I have any options?
I was also told that if I find the car on public property I could legally drive away in it. Hide it wherever and pay it off. Again She is still on the title.

thanks for any guidance.

Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">