• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brooklyn

I copied a picture of my deceased daughter from her highschool yearbook on one of those photo copying machines located in a well-known discount store. The yearbook does not have any copyright notice in it, nor does it have any notice as to who actually published the yearbook. The photo lab clerk took the finished picture away from me and said that I was violating a copyright law. I expained to her that there was no copyright notice of any sort in the book, but she would not return the picture to me. Is an unmarked book presumed to be copyrighted, and if so, by whom? I live in Florida.

ALawyer

There is an automatic copyright when the author creates the work. But making a single copy is often fair use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">