• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pennytwo

The state of Alabama

3 weeks ago we signed a contract for financing to enter truck driving school. At the time the requirter couldn't give us our contract because her paper-work wasn't all there. She said there would be one sent to us in the mail. The school isn't good and neither were the jobs we quit so we continued. We have never received a contract or statment form the company that is financing us the loan in the mail. The tution was one amount but the 20.9% interest rate made it over 8,000. It's to our understanding no one has a contract that came before us. One smart indiviual came to class 3 days ago and boom she gets her contract, and it's nothing like the papers we signed. THE STUDENT GOT HOTEL STAY, FOOD ALLOWANCES,COSIGNER NEVER SIGNED IT. (It's very messy) When we (the black students)demanded our contracts Adminstration personell changed. Racial names have been uttered, and as the old administration crew exited, their advice to us was get our contracts and see an attorney. The new guy in charge has to get things in order he says. He doesn't know were anything is he says. There is so much more, but my main concern. This is the south, home of the good old boys. The new man carries alot of weight in this area. To get a lawyer if we qualified who can we trust? I've got lots of question. But my first one is, with 8-10 people who haven't received a contract yet what should we do? Alabama

[Edited by pennytwo on 01-26-2001 at 04:46 PM]

ALawyer

Yes, it sounds as if they were trying to take advantage of you big time. And yes, even in the New South there are racial and other bigots. But there are also some outstanding lawyers, white, black, and asian and male and female. And the state agencies -- such as consumer fraud, and education (who ever licenses the "school" in your state) and others may help.

At this point I am not sure precisely what relief it is that you want nor do I know what claim you have. If you call the state consumer protection board, they may give you an idea if there is a right to void a contract not delivered to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">