• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled Hotel Reservation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mallekp

I live in IL and made a hotel reservation in Aspen, CO through the leisure department of my corporate Travel Agency. The travel agent who booked the room for me informed me that a deposit was due 14 days after the reservation was made and that payment in full was due 30 days prior to the reservation date. She also informed me that the reservation must be cancelled 30 days in advance in order to receive a refund on the deposit. This information was also consistant with the information posted on the hotels website. Since making the reservation, I was transferred to work out of the country. I noticed that my credit card had been charged the entire reservation amount 45 days prior to the reservation date. I tried to cancel the reservation 42 days prior to the reservation date and was told by my travel agent that the payment in full was due 45 days prior to the reservation and that this was non-refundable. I stated that that was not the cancellation policy she discussed with me at the time of making the reservation and she stated she had booked through a central reservations office rather than the hotel and that she sent me an invoice outlining the cancellation policy 1 month ago. I never received an invoice from eiter the travel agency or from the central reservations office. Am I responsible for payment on this reservation?

ALawyer

Fight it. The deal was 30 days. That's what you signed up for and agreed to. Show her the website notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">