• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue the auto dealer for non-repair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigo63

I reside in Oklahoma and purchased a used vehicle in 98, it was 2 yrs old, and luckily bought an extended warranty, which states that we must use the dealer for repair. Since then, we have had the vehicle "in the shop" at least 15 times. One of the first incidents: after having struts, etc. replaced, I was driving home and the wheel actually came off the vehicle because the service tech had not fastened the bolts correctly. We were told he was new. No one was injured. Another time (within months of the wheel incident) after having the transmission worked on, on the way home, the trans. hose came off and the fluid leaked out and I was stranded. We discovered an oil leak right after buying the vehicle and the head gasket was replaced. It has since been replaced 3 times. We were told, "It's the type of motor...you just have to get it replaced about every 6000 miles." Our warranty will be ending soon and we took the vehicle in and said, "Check everything, the warranty will soon expire." Within 1 week of paying the $800 service bill (items not covered on warranty) the engine light came on and we had to take it back. It's just been one thing after another. The first few times, I was forgiving but now, I am so mad! Do we have any legal rights to sue? I have tried contacting the holder of the extended warranty but haven't gotten anywhere.

[Edited by bigo63 on 01-26-2001 at 12:44 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">