• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vpbull

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I would like to know if its legal for a company called Shoppers Hotline to send me an unsolicited prepaid debit card without my authorization? I didn't request the card and in order to get it, doesn't one have to sign up for it and have an inquiry made of their credit score, which when inquiries are made your credit score goes down.
My concern isn't so much getting the card as it is in not applying for one and having the inquiry made of my credit score and having my credit score affected. I had written to this company via email and requested a discontinuation of my membership because in my opinion, I was working for nothing. I received, no acknowledgement regarding the email, only an email stating that I had earned points and $4 on my Shoppers Hotline debit card. This was offered AFTER I notified them that I no longer wanted to participate. They sent an email that I EARNED such and such, which I didn't and that I will receive my debit card shortly. What recourse do I have regarding my points on my credit report being deducted because I rec'd a debit card?
vpbullWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: I would like to know if its legal for a company called Shoppers Hotline to send me an unsolicited prepaid debit card without my authorization?

A: Yes.

Q: What recourse do I have regarding my points on my credit report being deducted because I rec'd a debit card?

A: Complain to the credit reporting agencies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">