• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cookke

I went to mediation and thought I had everything settled. But now I am being told that workers comp has paid everything they are going to because they say that our lawyer did not put every thing on the paperwork. Things that were agreed to in mediation are not being honored and I don't know if it is because the lawyer messed up the paperwork or because they are just refusing to pay and do what they say they would. I spoke with my lawyer and he told me that this is basically my fault because I read the 20 page contract and signed it and I did not catch what he missed. I hired him to take care of these things for me because I did not know what to do and I don't see how now just because he didn't do his job all the way and I don't know all the legal ways and wordings that I should be the one that keeps paying. There are medical bills piling up again and my husband and I already had to file a medical bankruptcy because this case took four years to be settled and we were losing everything. Now we are being put into financial devatation again. So I guess my questions are. Do they have to honor what was said in mediation or am I just s.o.l. because everything that was said in mediation was not put down correctly by my lawyer and so now I am responsible for all the remaining doctor bills because I trusted that my lawyer knew what he was doing. If this is not clear please email me with questions because I am so frustrated with the whole matter and so at loss of what is happening that I am not even sure what all to ask. Any help in this matter would be greatly apprecciated.
I live in the State of Oregon.
Please help
thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">