• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelling a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaylasmommy1210

What is the name of your state? FL

I agreed upon a price and signed a contract for a hottub less than 24 hours ago. I gave a $100 deposit to hold the sale price. After sleeping on it I have changed my mind. Can I cancel the contract and get my deposit back?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? FL

I agreed upon a price and signed a contract for a hottub less than 24 hours ago. I gave a $100 deposit to hold the sale price. After sleeping on it I have changed my mind. Can I cancel the contract and get my deposit back?
What did the seller say when you asked them?
(Is it a private party or a business establishment?)

kaylasmommy1210

I have not contacted them yet, as I would like to know if I have a leg to stand on when arguing. It is a business and the contract states "Buyere agrees to a 25% cancellation Fee (total contract) as a reasonable fee for cost to seller. The hottub is on site, and is part of a Close out sale.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have not contacted them yet, as I would like to know if I have a leg to stand on when arguing. It is a business and the contract states "Buyere agrees to a 25% cancellation Fee (total contract) as a reasonable fee for cost to seller. The hottub is on site, and is part of a Close out sale.
Seems to me that it's pretty clear cut. You agree to a 25% cancellation fee (total contract).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">