• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old run away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscar7557

What is the name of your state? south Carolina

ok my birthday is june 22nd I'll be turning 18. lets say i were to board a plane for Miami,Florida in February and decide not to return. what could be the consequences for my actions?

Silverplum

How much will your parents actually object?
Do they know where you are?
Do you have the $$ to support yourself?

That's a start...

oscar7557

How much will your parents actually object? hm well my dad has told me on several occasions to leave if i wanted and he wouldn't stop me but then again he was very mad when he said this haha
Do they know where you are?they will know I'm in Miami haha for sure. i just moved from there a couple months ago. and parents aren't in the best financial situation IE. they have no jobs and haven't sold our house in Miami
Do you have the $$ to support yourself?and I'm working on getting a job now and workin my but off to get the money for plane ticket and then some. and i plan on staying at a friend's house who they don't know

Silverplum

How much will your parents actually object? hm well my dad has told me on several occasions to leave if i wanted and he wouldn't stop me but then again he was very mad when he said this haha
Do they know where you are?they will know I'm in Miami haha for sure. i just moved from there a couple months ago. and parents aren't in the best financial situation IE. they have no jobs and haven't sold our house in Miami
Do you have the $$ to support yourself?and I'm working on getting a job now and workin my but off to get the money for plane ticket and then some. and i plan on staying at a friend's house who they don't know
Whether or not you are *prosecuted* depends largely upon your parents.

majomom1

An 'adult' that is ready to be on their own, would have no problem waiting until June.

This 'friend' could get in trouble for helping you and this will also add to the financial burden for your parents. They are responsible for you and could be held liable for any 'mistake' you make. As a parent, I would follow you and find you.

Be an adult... wait until June. That would also give you time to save money. You have no idea how hard it is to survive on your own

oscar7557

thank you for the advice i'll see how the situation progresses i will ask their permission to go live in miami first if not i will either wait till june or just leave but time will tell

Silverplum

thank you for the advice i'll see how the situation progresses i will ask their permission to go live in miami first if not i will either wait till june or just leave but time will tell
You're welcome, Oscar. Work always toward being the man you want to be. :)

majomom1

Just to note... my son turned 17 yesterday and is full of what he thinks he can now do. He is very smart and intelligent, but he has no life experience (or street smarts). He is not ready to fend for himself, just yet. It is a great big world out there and some of the people you meet will not care about you. They will take advantage of your youth and inexperience.

Please keep good contact with your parents... they truly do not want to hold you back. They want what is best for you.

CourtClerk

Let's not forget that God forbid if Oscar is living with an adult in Miami, then it becomes federal case because see.... someone aided and abetted Oscar (a minor) in crossing state lines and is harboring a runaway. You can't do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">