• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Sexual Offense.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trailingbiz

Hi i am writing this on behalf of a friend. When he was 12 years old the Washington court system charged him of rape of a child in the first degree. At that time he was the eldest so he is the one that got in trouble for it. I guess my question is, does that ever come off of his record so that he can apply for a job that does background checks. I thought there was a certain amount of time that he could have that removed off of his record since he was a juvenile when he was charged. Oh also he is 23 years of age now.

Last edited:

trailingbiz

He was 12 and the victim was 8. As far as morals yes the parent of both kids i think were not exactly great. And the lawyer that handled the case told him he should plead guilty so yes he was convicted of the crime. He wants to put the past behind him and move on with his life but the fact it is still on his record is preventing him from doing that. He has not been able to get a job because of it. He was under the impression that this would come off his record when he turned 21 years of age. But when he went to apply for a job he didn't think anything of it and was immediately fired from his job right after being hired. I have been a friend to him through everything that has happened and i am trying to help him. But i cant find any information on sexual offense laws for juveniles. That is why i figured i would ask here. Is there any way to get these records sealed or expunged.

CdwJava

A lot will depend on the details of the offense (specifically WHAT offense he was charged with).

Here is the statutes covering juvenile records:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=13.50.050

His best bet will be to consult an attorney on the matter. A Google search of using the terms "Washington", "state" and "expunge" found a host of attorneys who deal with these issues.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">