• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threatening letter from court oficer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pokergod

What is the name of your state? NJ

Here is a copy of the letter. From Superior court of NJ

XXXX co
plaintiff

pokergod
defendant
notice to defedant
A judgment was entered against you by this court, which includes fees of $xxx.xx for a total of XXX.
To date, the judgment remains unpaid. Unless you contact me immediately and make satisfactory arrangements to pay the total due, I shall apply to the court for an Order permitting me to enter your home to levy on your household goods and furnishings, inventory them and have them appraised so that the value in excess of $1000.00 may be sold at public auction to the highest bidder to satisfy the judgment.
xxxxx court officer
nov 19, 2007

What do I do now?? Is there a motion I could file to keep these gorilla court officer off my property and away from my home and family, until this judgment hearing gets resolved?
I am working on getting the judgment vacated based on inproper servers from the JDB.
They sent the summons and complaint to an old address. While the truth of the matter is, they have my correct address on file. So I was not present for the court date and they JDB was awarded a judgment.
What a nice little arrangement these collection agencys have with the judges and court officers. They don't seem to consumer friendly in Southern New Jersey.

Please advise and thanks for listening.

pokergod

SHORTY LONG

They must have some sound reason for them to obtain the Judgment. So,
without knowing more in what you are involved in, I do not believe the Court
would grant a Motion to dismiss for improper Service.

pokergod

I was never served with the summons and complaint. Both were sent to an address from 5 years ago. NJ rule 4-4.5 states the a summons and complaint must be served at defendant's place of abode. This is being handled in small claims, but I believe NJ, RCP still applies??

seniorjudge

Are you saying that when you got this letter that that was the first time you heard anything about this?

If no, then when did you first hear of this lawsuit against you?

racer72

Are you saying that when you got this letter that that was the first time you heard anything about this?

He has known about and posted frequently about his legal problems, he has also tried to come up with a variety of asinine ways to get out of his legal problems. One of his previous scams was to get a TRO against the creditor as a way to keep the creditor from contacting him.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=1672640

pokergod

Hi Seniorjudge, I became aware of the lawsuit a month before receiving the letter from the court officer. At that time I filed a motion to have the default judgment vacated. My motion was denied. Then I receive the letter from the court officer.
Being that I am self employed, in a cash business and do not have bank accounts, I am guessing the attorney applied for a writ of excution. I have a home and personal belongings. Thanks
pokergod

pokergod

He has known about and posted frequently about his legal problems, he has also tried to come up with a variety of asinine ways to get out of his legal problems. One of his previous scams was to get a TRO against the creditor as a way to keep the creditor from contacting him.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=1672640
Is filing a motion to vacate, an asinine way of getting out of my legal troubles?
The reason I have these legal troubles, is because I was not given a chance to defend myself in court. The alleged debt is past the SOL for collections and does not belong to me.
Not that its any of your business but my credit scores are in the mid 700 even with this judgment on my report.

mike_lee

Is this a case where any attempt to pay, even a partial amount, would temporarily stop seizure of property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">