• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship to adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beck19y1000

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I have had guardianship for over two years of my niece. My sister hasn't been involvd with her for over a year as in no contact whatsoever. I have no idea where she is I mean I am sure somewhere in TX but TX is a big state. Anyway I would like to terminate parental rights and adopt my niece even though I have only had guardianship for 2 years I have had my niece off and on her whole 10 years of life and I would really like to make it permanent it would be better for all of us. Then the next time my sister shows up and wants to take her away she has no grounds. Then my niece will be my daughter and she can be secure knowing her "parents" aren't going to disappear or drop her off and not pick her up again. Any advice as to how?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">