• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor + Tattoo = PO'd Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bravo6

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently found out my 16 yo daughter and several of her friends (all 16 as well) went and got tattoos at a shop in Houston. They say that nobody even asked for any ID at the place. I want to file some sort of criminal complaint against them but I have no idea how to proceed from here, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

majomom1

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently found out my 16 yo daughter and several of her friends (all 16 as well) went and got tattoos at a shop in Houston. They say that nobody even asked for any ID at the place. I want to file some sort of criminal complaint against them but I have no idea how to proceed from here, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can start here: I would file a complaint through the police and follow it up with a complaint to the licensing office, include the police report #. I will bet there have been prior complaints....

http://www.tattoodesign.com/tattoo_laws/country/United_States/Texas/1.htm

RULE §229.406 Client Qualifications, Disclosure, and Records

(a) Except as permitted in subsections (c) and (d) of this section, a client must be a minimum of 18 years of age and shall present at the time of tattooing or body piercing a valid, government issued, positive identification card including, but not limited to, a driver's license, passport, or military identification. The identification must contain a photograph of the individual and a printed date of birth.

(b) The artist shall verify and document in the permanent client record the client's age, date of birth, and the type of identification provided.

(c) An artist may not tattoo a person younger than 18 years of age without consent from the individual's parent or guardian, who determines it to be in the best interest of the minor child to cover an existing tattoo.

Silverplum

Are you SURE she didn't have the approval of the other parent??

My H's X gave permission to their then-17 y.o. to get a tatt. The kid KNEW my H would refuse, so he selected the parent that would give permission. :rolleyes:

bravo6

Thanks for the info, I guess that will get me started.

Oh, I'm absolutely positive.

Are you SURE she didn't have the approval of the other parent??

My H's X gave permission to their then-17 y.o. to get a tatt. The kid KNEW my H would refuse, so he selected the parent that would give permission. :rolleyes:

mike_lee

A couple years ago we had a Japanese exchange student living with us. She wanted her belly button pierced and of course she needed permission. So her mom calls me from Japan but she's using "Tokyo Teenager" slang left and right. My student had gotten another exchange student to pretend to be her mom. So, they are tricky be sure you know the whole story, to save the tattoo guy some trouble but also yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">