• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding estate information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rezdog49

What is the name of your state? OK
My aunt recently died and she does not have any immediate family except her sister(my mother) and my brother. I do not speak to either of them and do not care too. I did get along with my aunt but hadn't talked or seen her in months; I live on other side of country. I am most certain she had no real property assests at her death, but some significant finances, and probably willed most of all to my mother. I would like to know what was there and just maybe I was left a small sum. So what is the easiest way to determine the disbursement of her estate without just asking my mother, which I'm not sure I would get a straight answer anyway. Is there some sort of a public filing? I assume i would be contacted by the executor if I was involved directly. But I'm not sure if anyone has my correct address, etc. I have been a way for over twenty years. Any positive suggestions welcomed. She died in Oklahoma, I'm in WA.

Last edited:

curb1

Call your mom. Don't go your whole life without communicating with her. You can call the county in which your aunt died to see if the will (if there was one) was probated.

mojo1951

go to ocis case search. Type in her name, or approximate dates...This site is in the Oklahoma State Courts Network. You will also need to know the county where she lived/died. Oklahoma has a really good system from what I have experienced with the site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">