• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened to be sued over horse trial/purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessnadel

What is the name of your state? Maine

I allowed my horse to be taken for a free trial before purchase. The terms were pretty general and verbal. Potential purchaser would take care of expenses and would pay me on payments. The exact amounts were not discussed, but the value of the horse was listed at $6000. I told her if she paid me the whole amount I would take less for the horse, but again not exact figures were discussed. The horse has been on "trial" for 6 months and since the girl was not in a position to pay, asked me to come and get the horse. No problem. I took that chance on letting her go. Now it seems she would like me to pay her money for her "training" and expense of the horse while she had it. I am 100% sure she did not add to the value of the animal, but do I have to "prove" that? Or does she- how could someone offer that statement in court when it is just subjective? I don't think she has a case. Does she?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">