• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential employer lost my portfolio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

styymy_2000

Hello,
I am having trouble finding legal help with my situation. Basically I am a freelance graphic designer in Georgia and I submitted my portfolio to a company in New York for employment and they lost my portfolio.

All this occured last summer in July of 2000. Since then I have been unable to obtain employment in my profession. It is next to impossible for a professional in a creative field to gain employment without a portfolio to show at an interview. My career is ruined!!! Years of college and money is down the drain!!!!

Can anyone point me in the direction i need to take to file a lawsuit and obtain damages?

Do I need a lawyer or can I successfuly get thru the suit on my own.

What type of law or lawyer does my problem fall under..

Thankyou all
Darrell

ALawyer

Anyone who fails to make backup copies is careless, and it is hard to be sympathetic with someone sending the only copy, and also is hard to believe. What if it got lost in the mail?

The firm that lost it didn't ruin your life or keep you from getting a job -- you did not help things by not backing things up, and not recreating the prtfolio. And whining about it tells other employers you are not someone they want to hire.

Forget the law as the remedy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">