• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dishonest Florist-Need help on legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kddaisy76

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi All:
I hope someone can help me.
I happen to hire this florist for my wedding that does not have an official physical business location. He works together with a bakery. The day I signed the contract and put down a $100 deposit, he failed to make me a copy of the contract. According to him there is no copier on site. So, I handwritten every item and price that are on the contract. Fortunately, I got a receipt from him (handwritten receipt). I know I wasn't smart and trusted this person too much too soon. I was naive. He promised to send me the contract the next day when he make a copy.
A few weeks later, I received a "supposing" my original contract. However, when I compared the contract he mailed to me to my list that I wrote down, there were 4 extra items that I didn't ask for. The items ranging from $60-200. Of course I'm canceling my contract with him. I called and emailed him, but no response from him. It has been 3 days. I can't get a hold of him. I have a feeling he's going to run with my deposit. The contract does not say deposit is nonrefundable.
What should I do now? I talked to his partner but he doesn't seem to help at all. He kept telling me he'll pass on the message. If I need to take legal action on this, what should I do? I want my money back and want him to be responsible for his dishonesty, and also changed the contract without my consent.
I know I have a weak backup since I didn't get a copy of the original contract at the day I put down the deposit. And I also paid him in cash. Stupid me!
please help. Any advice is greatly appreciate.

Andy0192

For $100 you learned a lesson.

You want to sue them? Why not just visit the Florist and ask them why there are 4 extra items on the list? Perhaps it is a mistake? Perhaps they thought you wanted something more? Perhaps they will refund your $100 ?

Try talking to people, It's usually easier and more cost effective than suing someone.

-Andy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">