• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisadbrown

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I am a divorced mother of 2 and their so called father got off without paying child support because I asked for his parenal rights terminated first. I got neither!!!! And the judge would not let me have any of the kids belongings( they lived with him for 6 months while I had to go through some court ordered therapy) that my family had bought them. He said I had to go to small claims court. My ex said he didn't have it anymore but I found out a month ago that he does still have it. I can't find the forms to fill out to file and I don't know his physical address..... what do I do ?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I am a divorced mother of 2 and their so called father got off without paying child support because I asked for his parenal rights terminated first. I got neither!!!! And the judge would not let me have any of the kids belongings( they lived with him for 6 months while I had to go through some court ordered therapy) that my family had bought them. He said I had to go to small claims court. My ex said he didn't have it anymore but I found out a month ago that he does still have it. I can't find the forms to fill out to file and I don't know his physical address..... what do I do ?
Who is "he" in the sentence I bolded above? The judge? If so, leave this post where it is in the Small Claims section for help.

As far as your divorce/custody problems, those questions could best be answered in the Family Law section.

lisadbrown

Yes sorry I meant to say the Judge told me to take it to small claims court because he would not deal with my petty complaint

BL

Your family bought things for the kids , not you .

Unless you get a sympathetic Judge , and the father admits to the items , you will have no case at all .

lisadbrown

I did by them some items but my ex got me fired from my job, I lost the kids and he got them, and then I lost my place to live. I am still recovering from it financially. My family and I bought things for them and he has Texaco Trucks and Planes that my father had gotten them since the first year they were born. They are sentimental and he was suppose to keep them for me until I got settled in my new place along with all the kids other belongings(he was nice before the divorce). I gave him everything else and started over with nothing. He even sold and killed my sugar gliders he couldn't get rid of and he was suppose to give them back to me when I got settled in.
The kids want their stuff back so bad and they keep bringing it up. My ex was suppose to return it all but he won't now and he was suppose to give me everything that the kids aquired from my family and I while they were with him.

Silverplum

This happens in tons of divorces, and it's tough, but you and the kids have to get over it. Let it go. Move on.

I did by them some items but my ex got me fired from my job, I lost the kids and he got them, and then I lost my place to live. I am still recovering from it financially. My family and I bought things for them and he has Texaco Trucks and Planes that my father had gotten them since the first year they were born. They are sentimental and he was suppose to keep them for me until I got settled in my new place along with all the kids other belongings(he was nice before the divorce). I gave him everything else and started over with nothing. He even sold and killed my sugar gliders he couldn't get rid of and he was suppose to give them back to me when I got settled in.
The kids want their stuff back so bad and they keep bringing it up. My ex was suppose to return it all but he won't now and he was suppose to give me everything that the kids aquired from my family and I while they were with him.

lisadbrown

Harsh, I was just doing this cz my kids, who are only 10 and 11, really want their belongings. Especially the Texaco trucks and planes which are no longer made anymore. And when I said I gave him everything, I meant it. I left with my and the kids clothes and selective belongings cz he made me feel sorry for him. He wasn't working.

BL

Small claims are for monetary rewards .

You won't get the stuff for the kids back unless Dad still has them and gives them back .

Take silver's advice .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">