• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex used credit card, may not pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ninalee

What is the name of your state? wi

My now ex has some bad credit. I don't. We spent the last two years living as a family with our son and my daughter, and to benefit his business, I opened a credit account at the local home store for his business use. The statements show supplies charged that reflect his business purchases, items for building and construction. The card also had his business name on it. Currently the card has $4K charged on it, and in our seperation he is holding it as leverage over me over a financial situation we are in. If he refuses to pay this, are the odds in my favor that he'll be ordered to pay this? Is it worth my time to try?

ninalee

Sue him in small claims. The odds are 50/50
Thank you for answering that. And for all you smart alecs, hey, if I knew any better I wouldn't have to ask, now would I? Just wanted an idea is all. I thought maybe it was a standard kind of case with a usual kind of finding...as I said, what do I know. I'm NOT an attorney, and I've never sued anybody. I'll have to check by now and again to see if your genie returns though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">