• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Consumption & College Apps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

packards1

Georgia

I went to a party recently, had 1 beer, and found out police had come. They agreed with the owners of the house (parents were present) that as long as all the kids who weren't spending the night were gone by 1 AM, no one would be prosecuted.

They also informed us that 1 car on the street had been hit. I went out to see if it was mine, and indeed it was. I told an officer on the street that it was my car, so he got my information and filed a report. He asked me if I had been drinking, so I could move the car. I told him I had a beer earlier, so he breathalyzed me and gave me a ticket for underage consumption. I blew a .017.

I'm willing to pay any fines or perform any community service necessary, but my court date falls in between now and the deadline of my college application. On the application includes a legal section asking "are there currently any misdemeanor charges pending against you other than minor traffic violations?"

I am unsure
a. if this qualifies as a misdemeanor offense or just a traffic citation
b. what my punishment is going to be
c. if there is a possibility of getting my charges dropped

Thanks for your help and advice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes it is a misdemeanor. Not it is not a traffic offense such as a speeding ticket. Yes you have to disclose it. You will most likely be facing a fine and loss of your driver's license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">