• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SandraPrncs

I recently went to buy a new car, in California. I signed the paperwork knowing that the dealership had a 10 day period in which they could call and tell me that the financing did not go through. After the ten days passed I thought I was okay. Now, it has been 21 days since I signed the contract and I was jsut called to be informaed that I was not approved for financing. The dealership has given me a few days to either come up with a co-signer or to pay more money as a down payment. When asking why they did not contact me within the 10 days, they responded that they have been busy! I have done nothing against this contract, however, I feel that they have broken the contract by not contacting us within those 10 days. Is there anything I can do, and if I give the car back can and or will I be charged for mileage, ect?

Thank you!

P.S. I am running out of time! Any advise that anybody can give me would be helpful! I have until Monday morning, 8 a.m.

[Edited by SandraPrncs on 01-28-2001 at 12:21 PM]

S

SandraPrncs

Everything turned out okay...the dealership lowered the price of the car so that I was able to become financed. At first, they were going to take the car back. When I pointed out the fact that they should have called within ten days, suddenly they changed their minds. Anyway, thanks for reading this question. I noticed a lot of people did...although I did not recieve any replies.

ALawyer

Thank YOU for telling us that the problem was solved, and saving us the time to answer. You did the right thing -- and the dealer finally did also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">