• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How would the IRS reeeaaalllyy know????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

temple

Texas. If you own a home with another single person, and that person has not resided there in over 2 years, and has purchased another 2 homes, AND has just been discharged fm ch 7 bk AND for some reason STILL claims the home you own together as his homestead, how will the IRS know the difference? Also, although that individual has not put a penny towards the house in over two years, what is to keep him from claiming the deduction on his taxes??? Is there some division that checks this? I think he has been doing for the past two years? What can I do to discover if he is? Should I alert someone?

temple

Its that easy?

"One call does its all?" Thanks! But then again, this IS calling the IRS....anything I should be wary of?

HomeGuru

Texas. If you own a home with another single person, and that person has not resided there in over 2 years, and has purchased another 2 homes, AND has just been discharged fm ch 7 bk AND for some reason STILL claims the home you own together as his homestead, how will the IRS know the difference? Also, although that individual has not put a penny towards the house in over two years, what is to keep him from claiming the deduction on his taxes??? Is there some division that checks this? I think he has been doing for the past two years? What can I do to discover if he is? Should I alert someone?
**A: IRS CID. It's like the Fed CSI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">