• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue for time lost?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zite

Hi, I'm from Washington state. I bought a remote control off a website and it was not delivered. I've tried calling / emailing the company and have gotten no response. I've got the email reciept and could print out debit card records indicating I was charged. The website has a bad standing with the BBB but is not a member. I want to sue for what I paid for the remote plus the time I've spent calling the company and trying to find their information, etc. From the research I've done online it looks like they've done this quite a bit but spending the money and time to go to court for a $50 remote is kind of a waste of time. Should I be filing criminal charges as well?

dcatz

a) The police will tell you it’s a civil matter.
b) You can’t expect to recover anything but your “hard dollar” loss ($50). No recovery for “time spent”.
c) You don’t say the company is in WA and that you could enforce there, if you had a judgment. If you had to enforce elsewhere, the costs and the prospects make the idea unfeasible.
d) BBB is useless, but maybe you should have believed what you read this time.
e) Consider it a lesson learned in Life and more judicious shopping on the Net and move on. None of this is worth what you’ll get into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">