• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!! Breach of contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lloyd_lex

What is the name of your state? New York

Help!!! Law Question Regarding Breach of Contract?
My company makes ATM's and we place them at certain locations (malls,retail stores, mom and pop stores etc...). We placed of our new atms at a strip mall and we had a contract with a clause that said " My company was the only authorized personel allowed to service or remove the ATMs at any time".
And for a given fee which we pay the store everymonth they let us keep our ATM at their store.

Ok heres the deal, This retail store sells their space at the mall and our ATM was left there for the next owners to inherit. The contract between the new owners and the old owners said "all liability of the ATM is now passed on to the new store owner". Mind you, all the documentation was done by a lawyer.

Anyways somemonths go by and the new owners approached my company to buy the ATM and we turned down the offer. They then removed the ATM and placed it in a storage room in the basement.

Can My company sue for breach of contract? How should we go about doing this?.

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. Any tips on how to approach/ answer this if it goes to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">