• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC Tax on Income from various states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ca2

What is the name of your state? SD, CO, WA

I am relocating from Washington (no state income tax, but corp tax). We may become "full-time" RVers and will register our RV in South Dakota (no state or corp tax).

My LLC corp address will be listed as South Dakota because they have a good mail forwarding there. My consulting business has clients all over the US and not limited to my geographic area/residence.

1) If I do business as a consultant from my home (RV) while traveling around the country, am I exempt from paying state & corp income tax because of S. Dakota residency?

2) If I keep the business legal address as SD, but we eventually move to Colorado (which has state & corp income tax) and buy a home there do we pay state income tax to CO or SD?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">