• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electronic Tax Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? LA

I apologize if this is a silly question. :eek:

My husband will be claiming his daughter on his taxes this year. His ex will be providing him with Form 8332, that must be attached when he files. Will he still be able to file electronically and attach this form, or must he file through the mail?

LdiJ

I thought you had to attach the 8332 when you file?
Its not absolutely necessary to do so if you are filing electronically. Its just necessary to have it in your records. However, form 8453 this year is designed specifically for submitting documents like a form 8332, to the IRS.

It is no longer a signature page, its purely a documents page...a page to attach to things like a form 8332 so that they can be submitted to the IRS and matched up with your electronic tax return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">