• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmis8

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My question is my name isn't on the loan of the house that i own it's my ex husbands in our marital settlement agreement it states that i am responsable for anything that has do do with the house loan payments propery taxes ect..And it also states that he is to have no intrest in the houme and no benifit from it.The house is in my name only as is the house insurance and property taxes.I have claimed my house for the past two years with no problems.So is what i am doing okay?:confused:

FlyingRon

Generally you can pay taxes and interest that you pay and are obligated to pay. Obviously the property taxes aren't an issue here.

As for the mortgage in the others name, I am not certain but looks like you may not. You would need to be on the mortgage (either refinance it or get the mortgage holder to add you).

LdiJ

Generally you can pay taxes and interest that you pay and are obligated to pay. Obviously the property taxes aren't an issue here.

As for the mortgage in the others name, I am not certain but looks like you may not. You would need to be on the mortgage (either refinance it or get the mortgage holder to add you).
I disagree. She is not obligated under the mortgage contract but she is obligated under the divorce decree. Therefore she is obligated to pay the mortgage interest.

quincy

I agree with everyone but am posting to say WELCOME BACK, TRANQUILITY!!!! (hope all is well)

Last edited:

tranquility

Thanks quincy. All is not "well", but better. There is a respite right now as things are starting to move to a more regular pattern. And, since we're dead right now (except for getting ready for tax season), I took a look around the old hangout.

quincy

"Better" is better than "not better", I guess, so I am glad to hear it. Visit Defamation on occasion. I miss your stimulating discussions! :)

tranquility

I think you're lying. I think your lies caused me damages and are untrue. Since you've published them here--you're in a lot of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">