• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New tires broken side mirror?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srneem

What is the name of your sate? Wisconsin

My husband took our car to get new tires Saturday at a place called Tireriffic. They had our car about a hour or two. After my husband picked up our car and left he noticed our driver side side mirror was missing a big chunk out of it! My husband called the guy and he told my husband "It was an act of God there is nothing I can do about it" He also changed his story 3 times about how it got broken in the first place.

Is this legal? My husband didn't sign any kind of release. Any ideas on what I can do in addition to going to the BBB?

Thanks in advance =)

justalayman

an act of God? What did God do to break your mirror?

If this is a chain store, they are sometimes swayed by contacting the main office.

If the shop is uncooperative in settling this, sue in small claims court.

srneem

an act of God? What did God do to break your mirror?

God sent a storm AFTER our new tires were on. But the store owner claims it could've been that storm that caused the mirror to freeze and thus fall out :confused: I didn't realize storms could cause so much damage before they even hit! :eek:

I'm not sure if it's a chain store still looking into it, Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">