• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if company pulled credit without authorization?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyco

What is the name of your state? FL

I am not sure how they were able to pull credit as I didn't provide them with social. I received a denial letter in the mail and had Equifax as the source of credit. I am in the process of rebuilding my credit an this is an unauthorized inquiry! I did not authorize for the company to pull credit, what can I do?

Disclaimer -- I am not a lawyer, just have a reasonable amount of experience with credit reporting.

You don't always have to have given your SSN for somebody to check your credit. From your post, it sounds like you know who did the credit check. Are you 100% sure you didn't sign something authorizing it?

If you want to pursue this, you can dispute the hard hit with Equifax. Just go to www.equifax.com, there's a 'dispute' link right from the front page.

What is the name of your state? FL

I am not sure how they were able to pull credit as I didn't provide them with social. I received a denial letter in the mail and had Equifax as the source of credit. I am in the process of rebuilding my credit an this is an unauthorized inquiry! I did not authorize for the company to pull credit, what can I do?
Google "Credit Info Center Forum" and you will find all the information you need on getting the unauthorized inquiry removed from your credit report. It might be a case of ID Fraud too. Stay on top of this.

fire51

Unauthorized credit inquiry

What remedy do i have if a car dealer made an unauthorized credit inquiry?

I purchased a car and informed the dealer that i had financing.the dealer advised that i had to fill out a credit application as it was required by Homeland security as an addition form of identification and they would not run a credit check.

I looked at my credit report today and found that an inquiry was made to Equifax from a company that does credit reports for dealers.

The sales manager also stated that if he had a cash buyer a credit report was required.

Any advise is appreciated

>Charlotte<

Lurker
FYI, you're hijacking a thread (a no-no) and necroposting (also a no-no), since this thread is over three years old.

Please start your own thread, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">