• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindy338

Good Morning,
We leased a house here in New Mexico for 13 months. We were paying $700.00 a month. The dishwasher went out, which they never replaced, the stove wasn't working properly, and there was water damage from the dishwasher, causing the Propery Management Co. to pull up the carpet, dry, and remove alot of the padding underneath. All of this happened in June. I would call every month or so to see what was going on with the replacement of the dishwasher and padding, but always was given the run around and lies. I had told one of the women (2 months before the lease was up) at the Management Co. that since nothing every got fixed, we were going to move out as soon as the lease was up. The lease was up on the first of January and we took them the keys to the house. She told us there would be no problem with getting our Security Deposit back. After 3 weeks, I called the company and the woman that told us that, had left the company and the owner said we were not getting the deposit back because we didn't send in a written notice we were moving. Isn't that just if you are moving BEFORE the lease runs out? How can we get our deposit back?
Thanks,
Cindy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Contracts Law Board. Please go back to the "Forum Page" and re-post on the Real Estate - Landlord / Tenant Law Board.

Thank you,

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">