• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgarbutt

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I bought a car in 2003, but could not get the car in my name because of my credit. My sister was willing to put the car in her name. She recently went to buy a new car for herself and finds out that the company that has financed my car has reported me being 30 days late for at least the past 4 years. I asked her to find out from them when the first payment was late so I could do my research and find proof that I have been making the payments without falling behind. She is refusing to call them to find out any information. She does not believe that they made a mistake and thinks that I have deliberately missed payments and ruined her credit. She is now thretening to take the car from me. Does she have the legal right to do that? Do I have any rights because I have been making the payments?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">