• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restrictive Endorsment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shelpster

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Is Pa one of the states that observes restricitive endorsement? I am trying to clean up my credit, I just want to help cover my butt.

Thank you very much,
Scott Shelp

racer72

Going to try to scam creditors by paying a portion of a bill and put "paid in full" on the check? A restrictive endorsement cannot override the provisions of a valid contract. Also, many places that handle incoming payments have low wage drones opening and processing the payments, these folks do not have the authority to alter a legal contract so even if you slip a check with a restrictive endorsement by them, you will still be liable for the outstanding balance.

shelpster

No, I am not going to try to scam anybody. I wondered if I write a check for the full amount, but add something in the memo about deleting from credit report.

Shelpster

Last edited:

dcatz

They can’t delete, even if they wanted to, and they’re not going to want to. They will report it as paid in full, if that’s what you intend to do. That’s the most they can do.

Their contract with the CRA requires accurate and timely reporting. The only way that they could effect a deletion is if they said their original report was wrong or that they could no longer verify its accuracy, both of which would be untrue.

For them to act on a request to pay-to-delete, they violate FCRA as amended by FACTA. There are presently posts in the Debt Collections forum on the same subject (with the same answer), if you need to read them. Otherwise, you might want to use the “search” function to investigate further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">