• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Note Once - Pay Again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thumper27

What is the name of your state? CO

I'll try to make this as short as possible. In November 2004 I bought a car from an acquaintance for $3200 and he agreed to let me pay off the money in 3 years. I signed a note for that amount plus interest to be paid in November 2007. I was making monthly payments but fell behind in my payments, but I did pay quite a bit (maybe half).

Anyway it's now 3 years so the full amount was supposed to be paid off and I got a letter from an attorney who says I owe the full $3200 plus interest! The other thing is that the attorney is not for the acquaintance who sold me the car. The letter says that the note was negotiated to his client who I never heard of and is due in full to this stranger. It sounds like a scam. I wrote the acquaintance an email and left a voicemail but haven't heard back yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">