• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crotch Rocket bought from Private Seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlawedPorcelain

What is the name of your state? WI

My bike hasn’t been together since I bought it… I wasn’t even gonna buy a newer bike because I had my older Yamaha that was working great for a starter bike. Then my buddy mike told me he got a good deal on a 2006 Honda CBR600RR.

Basically, 20 year old kid bought it, put 2000 miles on it and drove off the road into a cornfield because he was wasted… kids 3rd DUI, his dad was like youre selling it and I don’t care how much you get for it, so my “buddy” mike got a good deal on it. nothing major was damaged on the bike, just some of the fairings and a clip-on (handle bar)

So mike told me he would buy all the parts, race plastics, race handle bars and put the bike back together for 5500, which the bike itself is a 8500$ bike so I figured hell with it, I’ll do it.

I have at least 2 witnesses that the original deal was for 5500 the bike would be assembled to new condition

Well I gave him the money back on June 21st, I still don’t have all my parts or the 120$ he owes me because I fronted the money for the seats… cause the idiot went ahead and spent the money before he ordered all my parts

It's been almost 5-6 months, that’s ridiculous, he ruined my riding last summer cause I sold my other bike anticipating my new one

I threatened him with calling a lawyer about 2 months ago and he got me some of the parts and now he wont answer or return calls ago… I left him a message last Thursday letting him know if I didn’t have my money by Friday and my parts around the same time I was getting a lawyer

It was ridiculous from the beginning, guy hardly ever returns messages. And i was super understanding because he was my friend and he was going through a divorce but he completely walked all over me for that reason. Im positive he wouldnt have done this to anyone else who wasnt his friend.

Any help would be greatfully appreciate, do i have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">