• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cant get a title to car i am paying on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalebg1124

What is the name of your state? Indiana

back in july i was in need of a car. i found one at a decent price. since i couldnt get financing from a lending institution he agreed to finance it him self. we agreed on payments and such.
i get a temporary tag from him valid for 30 days. it expires. i go back to him to get the title so i can properly register the vehicle through the state, which requires the title to do so. he explains to me he has to do some paper work and he would get it to me, then gives me another temp plate. after that expired i then again contacted him upset and asking where my title was. "oh, a ill get it to you soon" was the story. at that time his mechanic/sales person showed me the title and it hasnt even been transfered from the previous owner. its been about 4 months since and now i am trying to get my title. he wont return my calls or anything. i talked to the mech/sales person and he says the owner doesnt give a (explicative) and isnt going to do anything about it. i have called the state and all they have said to do is file a complaint form. that will just be a slap on the wrist to this guy.
i have told him i will show up with law enforcement and use other means and it means nothing to him. i feel that once i have paid the amount i owe him he is just going to brush it off

to finally get to my question do i have a legal precedence or footing to do something about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">