• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company won't remove roll-off container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ice man

What is the name of your state? Ga.
Bought a house and roll-off container was on property; contacted company and they refuse to remove, said still owed on container and threatened to lien property. What are my rights?

BL

Bought a house and roll-off container was on property; contacted company and they refuse to remove, said still owed on container and threatened to lien property. What are my rights?
Did you contract for it ?

Was the house/property being worked on prior to purchased , contracted for ?

If so, you may have inadvertently became liable .

If not , find out who contracted for it , and demand they have it removed , or pay and sue for the cost .

ice man

I didn't contract for container.
Yes, work had been done on the house prior to my purchase, by the person I bought house from, but that work was finished at time of purchase.
Previous owner contracted someone to do work, contracted person placed container on property, and says work was paid for; roll-off container company claims they weren't paid by either party.
Container company says they won't remove container if they don't get paid to dispose of debris in container; they will dump contents onto property if they remove container without payment.
How do I get this container gone!

Some Random Guy

Easiest solution: pay the container companty and sue the contracted person and/or homeowner in small claims court. Find out from the container company who asked for the container to be put there.

HomeGuru

**A: why was this issue not settled prior to your home purchase?

ice man

Under Georgia Law, what are the steps to claim abandonment by container company and have this container removed myself without addressing someone else's debt. This bill is over $1600 dollars now.

BL

I didn't contract for container.
Yes, work had been done on the house prior to my purchase, by the person I bought house from, but that work was finished at time of purchase.
Previous owner contracted someone to do work, contracted person placed container on property, and says work was paid for; roll-off container company claims they weren't paid by either party.
Container company says they won't remove container if they don't get paid to dispose of debris in container; they will dump contents onto property if they remove container without payment.
How do I get this container gone!
Consult a local Attorney for a small fee . Check for Lawyer referral services in your phone book through the Bar Association .

You might also want to check your local attorney generals office of consumer affairs .

If you didn't inherit this debt in purchasing your home , they should remove it .

A lawyer can review all that paperwork at a consult .

All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">