• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children in Danger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

butterfly_47

I am in the state of Louisiana.
My sister-in-law has five children with four different dads. She is involved in what the family believes is a Religious Cult. She is in the process of getting passports for the children because the whole group is planning to go to Isreal to give their lives for Jesus. They expect to die while on this mission. Is there anyway to stop her from leaving the country with these children. The family has little to no money for a lawyer. Are there any organizations that will help us. Are there any government agencies in the US or Isreal that we should contact. Any help will be appreciated. This is an urgent matter. The grandparents had temporary custody for ten days pending a hearing for permanent custody but she had papers filed giving the children back to her until the hearing in April. What we fear is that she will disappear with the children and not show up for court.

L

LadyBlu

butterfly_47 said:
I am in the state of Louisiana.
My sister-in-law has five children with four different dads. She is involved in what the family believes is a Religious Cult. She is in the process of getting passports for the children because the whole group is planning to go to Isreal to give their lives for Jesus. They expect to die while on this mission. Is there anyway to stop her from leaving the country with these children. The family has little to no money for a lawyer. Are there any organizations that will help us. Are there any government agencies in the US or Isreal that we should contact. Any help will be appreciated. This is an urgent matter. The grandparents had temporary custody for ten days pending a hearing for permanent custody but she had papers filed giving the children back to her until the hearing in April. What we fear is that she will disappear with the children and not show up for court.

Where are the childrens fathers at in this? Is there a way to contact them to alert them to what is going on? Also, have you contacted Child Protective Services? I would suggest you do these two things. The fathers petitions with the court will have more power then the grandparents./

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">