• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Sale Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gibbins

Utah.
I sold a smart phone on a local classified ad's web site www.ksl.com. The item worked perfectly when I sold it. The person that bought it told me that he was having issues with it when he got home. It was basic palm issues like, freezing and locking up. I told him to hard reset it and I told him how to do it. He told me that it was working fine and he would let me know if something else is wrong. I didn't hear from him for a week. So I think that everything is fine. He contacts me and says he is having problems and that he has contacted Palm and everyone else besides me. I told him that the sale is final and I haven't heard from him in a week. The last thing I heard was, "Its working fine." He starts to become very pushy with me ans says that his is going to send the phone back to me and he expects a refund. I told him that the sale was final and I will not accept it back. So today another week later I see a package from him on my desk when I show up to work. I did not open the package I just return it back to sender. He is now telling me that is going to peruse other means. Even if it has to goto court. This has been two weeks now on a private sale. I was completely honest with him and tried to help and he didn't contact me. Who is really at wrong here? Do i have anything to worry about?

BL

Utah.
I sold a smart phone on a local classified ad's web site www.ksl.com. The item worked perfectly when I sold it. The person that bought it told me that he was having issues with it when he got home. It was basic palm issues like, freezing and locking up. I told him to hard reset it and I told him how to do it. He told me that it was working fine and he would let me know if something else is wrong. I didn't hear from him for a week. So I think that everything is fine. He contacts me and says he is having problems and that he has contacted Palm and everyone else besides me. I told him that the sale is final and I haven't heard from him in a week. The last thing I heard was, "Its working fine." He starts to become very pushy with me ans says that his is going to send the phone back to me and he expects a refund. I told him that the sale was final and I will not accept it back. So today another week later I see a package from him on my desk when I show up to work. I did not open the package I just return it back to sender. He is now telling me that is going to peruse other means. Even if it has to goto court. This has been two weeks now on a private sale. I was completely honest with him and tried to help and he didn't contact me. Who is really at wrong here? Do i have anything to worry about?
Unless he took it somewhere for repair/evaluation and has an experts opinion it was defective when he received it , don't worry much .

BTW , don't communicate with this person again .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">