• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to sell car, but have no title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yams

i finance a car in 1998, and finished paying for it on 2000, financing company still has not sent me the title for. they said they dont know who has possession of title.
car was purchased in new jersey, but i reside in Pennsylvania..what can i do to get the title.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

yams said:
i finance a car in 1998, and finished paying for it on 2000, financing company still has not sent me the title for. they said they dont know who has possession of title.
car was purchased in new jersey, but i reside in Pennsylvania..what can i do to get the title.
My response:

You can try to enlist the aid of the New Jersey DMV, but realistically, it sounds like a lawsuit for Specific Performance is in your near future.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">