• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri taxes me for working in kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickru

Missouri
i worked and lived in kansas in 2006, in 2007 i moved to missouri but
still work in kansas, got a letter from "Missouri dept of revenue" stating i owe
with interest accruing to missouri. i sent them my w2's where it shows i worked and
lived in kansas. why do i owe missouri for 2006? what can i do if i sent them
my w2's and are still billing me?

richard.

LdiJ

Missouri
i worked and lived in kansas in 2006, in 2007 i moved to missouri but
still work in kansas, got a letter from "Missouri dept of revenue" stating i owe
with interest accruing to missouri. i sent them my w2's where it shows i worked and
lived in kansas. why do i owe missouri for 2006? what can i do if i sent them
my w2's and are still billing me?

richard.
You are going to need to do more than simply sending them your W2's to prove that you were a Kansas resident for 2006. Go see a local tax pro for assistance. Or, in the alternative call the department of revenue and ask them what they need to see in order to resolve the problem.

abezon

They'll probably want ot see a copy of your leases showing you lived in Kansas through 2006 & didn't move to Missouri until 2007, even though you used a MO address when filing. If that doesn't work, file a 2006 MO nonresident return showing no income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">