• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nightmare becoming reality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1979

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi.

My situation is as follows: My engagement party was last week where we coordinated with the decoration, photographer, DJ and catering personals. Since this time comes only once in a lifetime, I wanted my party to be perfect and wanted certain specifics to be carried out. One being the decorations, I wanted the table cloth to be white with fuschia pink tops which coordinated with my dress; pink ribbons around the chairs. This was set, discussed and finalized many time with the decorating company. We came about 2 hours before the set time, and I was just devastated that all the decoration was done in white with no fuschia pink. The table were all white, with white seat cover w/ white center piece which could not be seen due to no contrasting material. I called up the personal at the agency, and they said nothing could be done. I couldn't just change the date, so I was stuck with that "devastating" decorations. Just a little about my background, besides the fact I am a girl (and this is that one in a lifetime event), and I am of Indian ethnicity. In India, just white decoration are done during a funeral. I know the company didn't know that, so you can imagine this was a tough for both my family and I.

After the event, I called the agency, and after many hours on the phone they agreed with refunding money for the pink tops and ribbons. However, the white decorations were not refunded. Even though the decorations were not what I wanted and it was due to their negligence or deficiency, I am still paying for most of the decorations.

So my question is that should I be responsible for the paying the white table cloths, white seat covers, and white center piece? FYI: the bill was for $7000 (which was paid in full), and $3300 of the bill went towards the decorations. I think I am being not only cheated but also feel abondoned. I am thinking about taking them to the small claim court for this, and would like to know if that be a good idea? Also, they charged 21% for the tax, and I would like to know that is a common charge.

This is a day every girl looks forward to and would like to remember it forever, which went the other way for me.

I hope and wish for no one to go through what I have experienced.

Thank you in advance.
RKWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">