• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of will//power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sikorajm

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Had a very good freind passs in 7/07. I am executor of will and POA. They have no relatives in the USA. Wife is alive w/full blown alzheimer. I have to sell the house and manage all funds and makes sure all her bills are paid as well as any outstanding bills. While she is alive I have to manage her accounts and pay all approprate parties. Is there a monthly FAIR fee for this. It specifies in the will that I would get paid but have no clue what is fair?????/ THXXXXXXXXXX

tranquility

There is no amount which will be "fair" in this instance if you don't have experience at doing this. This is not going to be a simple distribution from the facts you've laid out. I predict there will be a substantial amount of work and legal expense in this estate. You will either hire an attorney for most of it, where you should not be compensated to any serious degree or you will try to do it yourself and set yourself up for liability.

This is not going to be an easy one. Think hard before accepting the letters testementary.

Dandy Don

Do you also have legal guardianship of her or does some else have that? Talk to a family law attorney and there may be some area where you could be compensated as a caregiver (or hire someone else to do it).

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">