• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile possession of marijuana first time offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hustletrees

What is the name of your state? california, shasta county

last night i was pulled over when cops were looking for someone that aparently matched my discription, who had been reported for stealing stuff out of cars in the neighborhood i was in. by the way, the discription was a teenager wearing a dark sweatshirt, i thought that was funny being that it was 11 pm and it was raining, i assume a lot of people were wearing sweatshirts, guess i should have just worn a different color. anyways, thats besides the point. they ended up searching my car and found a small amount of weed and a small amount of hash, however, being a somewhat small town i live in, one of the officers worked with my dad (r.i.p.) at times, and somewhat ignored the hash. my ticket was written for 2322(b)cvc poss. of marijuana in vehicle and 11357(b) poss. less than 1 oz. of marijuana. im a juvenile, 17, without any prior trouble with the law, not even a speeding ticket. im wondering what a typical first time offenders punishment is in a case like this. fines? probation? informal probation? suspended drivers license? also, my ticket has 2 boxes checked on the top, one says juvenile, which makes sense, and the other is traffic. the 2 boxes left unchecked by the cop were nontraffic and misdeanor, but where the charges are listed it says misdeamor for both. thanks to any answers that you guys can provide

dhawk52

It sound like both are class c misdemeanor's, which in most states is a fine (i.e. speeding ticket, etc,)

you might be able to get it thrown out as in-admissible. the officer was looking for some stolen items. it all really depends on how the whole scenario happened. contact an attorney if you think it's worth it (probably not, cuz its not like you got caught with a lb)

moburkes

Gee, please stop posting until you've decided that you can comprehend the English language. The post just before yours says not to add to this thread. What school gave you a diploma?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">