• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rats at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Breezy8830

What is the name of your state? FL

THis is GROSS.. What can I do? I don't think it's legal to make employees work where there are rats. What can I go to my boss with?

quincy

It actually depends on what type of job you have. It is perfectly legal to make employees work with rats when you are working in a science or research lab. ;)

But if it is a restaurant, please post its name for the benefit of other members in Florida.
Don't be so quick to judge; from the The Official Peace Corps Central African Republic Cookbook:

Deku Delight

Place a dozen smoked rats (the small field-rat type) in fresh water and soak for 30 minutes. Prepare a sauce of tomato, onion, piment and palm oil in a large skillet. Drain the rats and remove skin and other inedible portions. (?) Fry for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally until well-cooked. A true connoisseur eats them piping hot, bone and all!!!

Serving tips: Usually offered as an hors-d'ouvre, they also are delightful arranged on a platter of carrots, lettuce, and cauliflower. Or just slide them on a hot dog bun . . .

quincy

So, after you drain the rats and remove the skin and "other inedible portions", I assume all you have left is tomato and onion sauce over carrots, lettuce and cauliflower, right? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">