• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! Signing over property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mccoy124

I live in Ky. I have a father who is 64 years old and has had 4 strokes. He is getting to the point I know he will not be able to live by himself. He has not had many jobs in his life he was always in buisness for himself. He recieves 144.00 a month from ssi. He owns 3 properties totalling about $65,000. He sold a property about 2 years ago and used the money to pay all the other properties off. He owns a $14,000 truck. He recently sold another property and recieved $15,000. He put that in a CD with his and my mothers name. He and my mother have been divorced for 3 and half years. Neither has remarried.
My Question is how can I go about getting Medical Insurance for him with the Medical bills mounting and the coming need for a nursing home. My brother and I can not afford to pay either!
A social worker at the hospital said she thought we could do a spouse tranfer and place everything in my mothers name. She said since they have only been divorced about 4 years and they have never remarried she thought they would allow it.
My Father has no Will either.

Please help im in a MESS!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">