• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gym contract expied...paying for over a year?!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

checook

Florida

I am currently waiting for a copy of my gym membership as I write this. I had a gym membership to the Power House Gym in Pensacola Florida in 2005. It was a one year membership that expired in 2006. I was working two jobs at the time and did not have time to attend so I simply let it expire. I now live in Oregon and am expecting a child. After switching my services to a new bank I got a phone call from Power House stating my payment did not go through. They have been charging me every month $31.18! I called and talked to them and they say there is a stipulation that you must fill out a form at the end of your contract otherwise they will continue billing. I received no notices, no invoices, no nothing until the payment did not go through. Can this be legal?

Silverplum

Florida

I am currently waiting for a copy of my gym membership as I write this. I had a gym membership to the Power House Gym in Pensacola Florida in 2005. It was a one year membership that expired in 2006. I was working two jobs at the time and did not have time to attend so I simply let it expire. I now live in Oregon and am expecting a child. After switching my services to a new bank I got a phone call from Power House stating my payment did not go through. They have been charging me every month $31.18! I called and talked to them and they say there is a stipulation that you must fill out a form at the end of your contract otherwise they will continue billing. I received no notices, no invoices, no nothing until the payment did not go through. Can this be legal?
Come back when you have facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">