• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vito

I currently live in Florida,and have a question regarding a verbal contract. In 1997, my then live in girlfriend purchased a dog. When the relationship disolved she took the dog with her. Recently (January 2001) she contacted me and stated that she could not longer care for the dog, for many different reasons and that she wanted me to have the dog as the only option before putting him to sleep. I made arrangements to pick up the dog. I did so a few days later. She was not home at the time I picked up the dog, as she stated that she did not want to be there, but that she would arrange for her mother to have all the necessary documentation and items, to include his vet/shot records, toys, pet carrier, food and other various items. One week later she decided that she wanted the dog back because she does not like my fiance'. She asked for the dog, and I informed her that she herself could come pick up the dog if she wanted him back. She refused and followed with 9 threatening e-mails to myself and fiance', which I have copies of and said that I needed to bring the dog to her, pay her for him (which was NEVER mentioned prior) or she would take me to court to get him back. Is this a breach of contract? Do I have a right to legally keep this dog?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">