• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do? Friend need a Cellphone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xternal

Kansas

I have an international friend, whom I gotten to know real well asked me if I can help me get a cell phone under my name. He says that he will pay for the monthly bill and I trust him enough to know that he will. But still I'm hesitant to go about doing it, because I know that there so much that can go wrong. Beside that, I have never been in this situation and I really want to help him out. So do you guys think it be a good idea to do this favor for him? He agrees to sign a contract and he will give me the deposit to cover the termination fees if anything goes wrong. If this was the case, how would I go about protecting myself?

Also is it possible to have a contract written up in this situation? If so, what would it say?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So do you guys think it be a good idea to do this favor for him?
No, not a good idea at all.
There is a reason your friend can't convince the cell company to give him a cell phone. You should follow suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">